- Wooden eggs for decorating
- Plastic eggs for decorating
- Acrylic paint
- Acrylic marker pens
- Chalk markers
- Sisal fibre
- Paint the whole surface of the egg in the colour of your choice and leave to dry for twenty minutes or so.
- Take a marker pen and trace out some geometrical shapes. Toddlers should go for simple patterns like dots. It's a good idea to do a trial run first on a spare sheet of paper.
For kids of 5 or over, let them try concentric circles or more fantastic patterns.
- Work the sisal fibre into the shape of a nest and put the eggs inside to hatch to finish off this Easter decoration.